Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sweet Potato Shepherd's Pie

So I'm a few days behind, but honestly we haven't been home to eat dinner. I did manage to make some sweet potato shepherd's pie in the slow cooker yesterday that will make great leftovers or a meal this week! It's a little more "work" than most of my slow cooker recipes. I had to brown the ground beef first, but, it's worth it!



 So I don't have much of a recipe for this one... (hey, I warned you.) But it's pretty simple, I browned up a pound of ground beef, threw it in the slow cooker with a small 8oz can of tomato paste. Then I added some frozen veggies. I used green beans, corn and peas. Anything would taste great in it though, spinach, kale, lima beans... you get the idea. And then some seasonings for taste. I sprinkled in some chili powder and some basic salt and pepper. I steamed 3 small/medium sweet potatoes, mashed them up and threw them on top. I didn't add butter or sugar because I think they are just sweet enough for this meal! I had it on low for about 6 hours, but it was done way before that and it wasn't even close to overcooking if it needed to go longer. This would also make for a quick easy oven meal as well! :)

So I think the only meal I missed was the tuna spinach casserole, which I may add to my next meal plan instead!! Tonight I'm making Buffalo Pork Chops. I have green beans as a side dish, but since we just had them, I may switch it up a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment