Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Buffalo Pork Chops and Cucumber Tomato Salad

Tonight's dinner was great! Buffalo pork chops and cucumber tomato salad. It sounds like a summer meal, but this "warmer" weather made me really want some tomatoes! I do have to say I should have let the salad sit a bit longer to really soak in all of the flavors. It was still refreshing though! For the chops I had 4 medium ones, boneless. I had every intention of using fresh mozzarella but I had some pepper jack cheese I needed to use up and it worked perfectly! When I was making it I realized how easy it would be to substitute barbeque sauce for hot sauce and put some provolone on top! Next time...!

 
 We only need to feed three of us. Usually I make a decent size dinner because we love leftovers for lunch. This meal made about three or four servings so we will have no leftovers. It can be easily doubled! So here it is!

Buffalo Pork Chops:
20 min total

4 Pork Chops
Cheese of choice
Hot sauce of choice
1tsp Chili powder
1tsp Red pepper flakes
EVOO

Drizzle EVOO in a pan over medium high heat. Add red pepper flakes and chili powder. Let EVOO heat up and add the chops. Cook like regular pork chops, a few minutes on each side or until cooked thoroughly. A few minutes before they are done drench them in hot sauce (as much as you please). And top with cheese. Place lid on pan until cheese is melted. Eat. Eat. Eat!



Tomato Cucumber Salad
Serving 3

1 Medium/Large Tomato
1 Mini cucumber or 1/2 of a large
1 Small onion
1 Tbsp EVOO
1 Tbsp Apple cider vinegar
fresh garlic

Cut up tomatoes, cucumbers and onions thin. Add to small bowl. Add in EVOO, vinegar and garlic. Mix well. Let sit in fridge for a few hours. Add pepper if desired.


No comments:

Post a Comment