Thursday, January 8, 2015

Root Beer Short Ribs & A Catch Up

Once I get behind on something I just totally forget to keep up! After my last blog I ended up getting preoccupied with some other things and then we eventually found out baby #3 was on the way and since then I have been nauseous and have not cooked meals like I should have been! Shameful! I plan on doing my meal recipes a little different. I'll sum up what I did to just give more ideas. I recently received an electric pressure cooker for Christmas from my Nana. I have to admit... I am a total slow cooker gal. I could easily do every meal in my crock! But now that I have two toddlers and spontaneous sickness I tend to forget to throw in my meals in the morning. Example time! Yesterday I didn't do anything. I cleaned a little, kept the kids alive and showered. I planned on throwing the ribs in the slow cooker in the morning, making some mashed potatoes, maybe some gravy... you know, because I had all day. Didn't happen. 4pm rolled around and I was sitting on the couch... eating pickles... with no dinner even started. Thank goodness for my pressure cooker!!! Here's how it went down!


Root Beer Short Ribs

I had 2 packs of short ribs, which was about 8 ribs total. I have no clue on the pounds. They were already thawed so I tossed them in a frying pan with some butter and seasonings to crisp the sides. Then I put them in the cooker with about a cup and a half of root beer, garlic, onions, mustard powder... just seasonings that I usually use. They were in the cooker for 30 minutes. Done. Juicy, tender, fall of the bone, DONE. They tasted good as they were but I put them back in the skillet with some root beer and seasonings until they got a nice glaze on them. Yum. Yum. Yum. Please feel free to post a comment or leave me a message on my page with any questions!

No comments:

Post a Comment