Thursday, January 15, 2015

Salmon Tostadas and Mango Salsa

This was amazing! Both kids asked for more and I was more than happy to help!

 I'll jump right in!

You'll need salmon(I used 4 small fillets), mangos (2-3), red onion, corn, black beans, avocados, lime and/or lemon juice, salt, garlic (powder or fresh), chili powder and butter (or coconut oil ect). I didn't make my own tostadas, so I had a little bag of them ready to go!

Throw some butter in a skillet until melted. Mix in chili powder and garlic, or whatever seasonings you prefer. Place the salmon into the skillet and coat the other side(side facing up) with more seasonings. Wait for it to blacken on the side down, then flip. Then same on the other side. This does NOT take long.

BEFORE you start the salmon, about 45+ minutes ahead of time (if you have time, if not that is okay) cut mango into chunks, dice a small onion and place in a small bowl. Add in corn and beans (add however much you like), then add in a little salt and the lime/lemon juice. Place in the fridge. The longer it is in the fridge, the better it will taste!

Cut or mash an avocado or two.

Place some avocado on the tostada, then your hot salmon, then a LOT of mango salsa! The great thing about this is there are so many options for what to put on the tostada. Refried beans, fresh tomatoes or lettuce. You could even leave out the tostada and put it all on a nice bed of lettuce!!!

It is really so simple and I was surprised how much I loved the mango and salmon together!

No comments:

Post a Comment