Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Taco Chicken Chili Stuffed Peppers and More!

I haven't posted in a bit, but I've been cooking some delicious meals! I mentioned this blog is more for planning and meal inspiration than it is for full recipes. With that being said, here we go! This weekend I made a roast in the slow cooker, with onions and carrots and a cup of water. I added a little seasoning of choice and that's it! A very simple and filling meal. We also ate roast at my moms and she puts an onion soup packet in with her roast, which is also super good.




Then I had a large ham I needed to use. Guess what I did with that!? Yep, slow cooker. I will never make a ham any other way ever again. I put about a cup of apple juice in with it and that was all. Juicy. Juicy. Juicy. I made some green means and caulimash to go along. I steamed my cauliflower then mashed it up with a little butter, salt and pepper. Awesome meal!



The next day for lunch(was going to be for dinner, but we couldn't wait) I made a huge Cobb Salad with SOME of the leftover ham. Eggs, avocados, pepper jack cheese and tomatoes!

(I posted that picture on my Facebook page, check it out!!)

Last night I planned on making a southwest type of stuffed pepper. As I was throwing black beans into the pan I decided to add more beans and turn it into a chili. After the peppers were stuffed I had chili leftover for the 3 of us for tonight or even for a lunch! They were great!





Taco Chicken Chili Stuffed Peppers
30 min total

28oz can diced tomatoes
15oz can black beans, drained
15oz can chili beans, drained
1 large chicken breast, uncooked
1 cup corn
4+  green or bell peppers (depending on if you want leftover chili)
1 tsp: Chili powder
2 tsp: Cumin
1tsp: Paprika
Salt
Pepper
Shredded cheese if desired.

Preheat oven to 350. Place chicken and tomatoes in a pan. Cook until chicken is done. Shred chicken. Add rest of ingredients (except peppers) and stuff into 4-6 peppers. Place in baking dish for 20 minutes or until peppers are cooked to liking. Top with cheese if desired.

For leftover chili I always top it with cheddar cheese and sour cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment